EVERYDAY SCIENCE MCQs FOR PPSC, FPSC, NTS & OTHER EXAMS
1. Steering of a car involves?
A. A single force
B. Two forces acting in the same direction
C. Two forces acting along different lines and in opposite direction.
D. A pair of forces acting along the same line and in opposite direction (Correct)
2. The property by virtue of which metals can be beaten into thin sheets is known as?
B. Malleability (Correct)
3. The sky appears blue because the earth’s atmosphere ____?
A. Scatters blue light (Correct)
B. Reflects blue light
C. Transmits blue light
D. Has actual blue cover
4. A tight-rope walker carries a long pole which he holds across his body. The purpose of this pole is to____?
A. Prop him up if he falls
B. Spread out his weight and reduce the pressure on the rope
C. Add extra weight to keep the rope tightly stretched
D. To keep the Center of gravity always above vertically above the rope (Correct)
5. When water is filled in a bottle and is allowed to freeze, the bottle breaks because
A. Water expands on freezing (Correct)
B. Bottle contracts at freezing point
C. temperature outside the bottle is less than that inside the bottle
D. None of the above
6. People living in high altitudes (like mountains) usually have a ___?
A. smaller number of Red Blood Cells
B. larger number of Red Blood Cells (Correct)
C. smaller number of White Blood Cells
D. larger number of White Blood Cells
7. Copper is used in the production of_____?
A. Brick kilns
B. Children toys
C. Kitchen utilities
D. Electric wires (Correct)
8. The blue colour of clear sky is due to_______?
A. Reflection of light
B. Refraction of light
C. Diffraction of light
D. Dispersion of light (Correct)
9. A device that converts mechanical energy into electric energy is called___?
D. Generator (Correct)
10. ___ is anything that takes up space and has mass.
D. Plasma (Correct)
Share this knowledge to Others